Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A big software update is on its way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Al,
For the FONTS selection, look at the a/a symbol just to the right of the A/A symbols on the Menu bar on the posting a reply box.
Select the Font first before you type or select all the text and the use a/a
Eric

It's all done.. Links fixed.

Also Chat Link is fixed :)

Thanks, EM.

But it looks like not all is done yet! As an example, please look at this attachment which isn't working. The attachment is from this post. Anyway, some of the attachments are accessible now.

In the past, clicking on an attachment link opened it a new tab. But now it opens up in the same window which, in my opinion, isn't good.

Moreover, before this update, it was possible to attach up to three attachments at a time. I don't think it's possible now, is it?

Now I have up to three separate links to a single thread "A big software update is on its way!" appearing under Your Content section. I believe it's because I have posted in this thread thrice. In the past it wasn't so. It doesn't look neat and tidy. It means that if I have fifty posts in a thread then I will get fifty separate links under Your Content for those posts.

Please don't mind me. I understand that people are mostly adverse to new changes at first. Here, I'm not trying to criticize the new interface but rather I'm trying to convey that many of those features were really nice and really defined ETO. Thank you.

Regards
PG

It's OK Al

You are a Good person and a thinker too. I bet, you think twice before you attempt anything.... before you move a wire somewhere in your house you think about stuff. Me too.

You really don't want to make "Extra Work" for yourself. I hate to waste energy and time by being stupid.

Hence the DK thread here LOL :D

Regards,
tvtech

Thanks, EM.

But it looks like not all is done yet! As an example, please look at this attachment which isn't working. The attachment is from this post. Anyway, some of the attachments are accessible now.

In the past, clicking on an attachment link opened it a new tab. But now it opens up in the same window which, in my opinion, isn't good.

The specified attachments are cleaned up and fixed. Any others you find keep letting me know because for every different url format i have to run a new regex for them.

Moreover, before this update, it was possible to attach up to three attachments at a time. I don't think it's possible now, is it?

Attaching multiple attachments is possible. Just hold the control or shift keys when selecting them.

Now I have up to three separate links to a single thread "A big software update is on its way!" appearing under Your Content section. I believe it's because I have posted in this thread thrice. In the past it wasn't so. It doesn't look neat and tidy. It means that if I have fifty posts in a thread then I will get fifty separate links under Your Content for those posts.

This is as designed. It will not list the thread because it's not classed as yours, only the individual posts are.. There is a feature that may work better for you, the displays all threads that you are watching.

Please don't mind me. I understand that people are mostly adverse to new changes at first. Here, I'm not trying to criticize the new interface but rather I'm trying to convey that many of those features were really nice and really defined ETO. Thank you.

Thanks PG1995, I appreciate you coming in and letting me know your thoughts and issues. It's how we got the defined ETO and how we keep it!

Regards,
EM

Hi Guys

ETO has just gone through the human equivalent of a Heart operation. So much going on and all has kept beating...
Site did not crash. Bugs sure. But honest and reliable ETO is almost the way it always was.

Hats off to all involved. And thank you EM for the move to XenForo.....I received an E Mail from a site I used to visit circa 2007. A V Bulletin site. They sent me a message saying their integrity has been compromised and urgently requested I change my password...some stuff has happened with V Bulletin lately....

Something about hackers and all. Here is the site and link to the problems: **broken link removed**

Regards,
tvtech

^^ In spite of my initial misgivings..I believe you have done the right thing EM to ensure this Forums survival.

I love this accurate and nice place. And hope to contribute more once I get used to the new look.

All the best and well done,
tvtech

Site is looking excellent..as good or better than the old ETO.
Stuck in a rut me is still confused though....

I need to change my Meds or just grab another...beer.
I suffer from Dunning/Kruger from time to time. Not permanent stupidity..just a momentary lapse of reason.

Feel a DK moment coming on.

Outta here before it gets bad

Love you all
tvtech

Where did the COOP BUILD: Scope Probe thread go?
It was one of the best threads on here.

That should be back now. Let me know if any problems :)

What does this OMEGA button do?

And where is "LATEX reference" menu ?

The omega button will pop-out the symbols that we used to have. I unfortunately havent figured out how to complete it yet. Not sure what you mean by latex reference menu, do you mean the latex editor?

I suffer from Dunning/Kruger from time to time. Not permanent stupidity..just a momentary lapse of reason.

Haha everyones gotta have their fun! It's great to see you enjoying the new software !!

EM:

What is your short and long list at this point?

Short is defined as easier to implement and long is considered longer term and then there is the wish list.

It seems like this stuff is second nature to you. Is it your day job too?

So, for the wish list is "reason for editing and edited by. I realize that they might have to wait until the "moderation team" fix is in place, so it has a prerequisite and for the most part isn't important.

Do we have an away button or something? I don't want to log in all the time.

Do we have an away button or something? I don't want to log in all the time.
Do you mean you want to be invisible, or you don't want to actually log in..

I check the "stay logged in" so when I power up any computer I'm automatically logged in..

Do you mean you want to be invisible, or you don't want to actually log in..

I check the "stay logged in" so when I power up any computer I'm automatically logged in..

It would be nice for people to know when your on at the computer or away for awhile?

There's a 'Show your online status' option in your Privacy settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back