Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding a ring light to a 1981 Draper Tools PD-16 'Drilling Machine' 1981 Mascot Tools (Floor Standing Pillar Drill)

TheJay

Hey everyone, I have a very old pillar drill press from 1981 (Draper). It has a green on and red off button on the side. I wondered how I can take power from the drill press when the green/black button is pressed and turn it off when the red button is pressed?

images

Even better, how could I connect a three way switch so that I can turn it on and off manually, as well as having a position for automatic.

Thanks for confirming, will do.

Trying to understand the switch situation.

qFuuOae.jpeg

For always on, I take the feed from the bottom contact(s) of the off button?

For motor on, I take the feed from the top contact(s) of the on button/motor?

For off?

The cables for the LED light are significantly smaller than the mains, is that a problem? If so, how to rectify? Is this what I need? Full Power Led Driver AC110-240V Dc 12V 2a 24V 1a Led Adapter or https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164958853389 or https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394682169824?itmmeta=01HXCC7AKMR641MM9F4AJ4DYRM&hash=item5be4e3f9e0:g:SEEAAOSwALFki5Sa&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA8G7AEIBtOLMDx2cQIM0P1Snp9xttUcmH1+bWyq5e9BfvHFUCrJuh4U2z/QX+jxdxOHBDZjYUqssGA7ebMptODrIcmjba/Qfqb6S2+wN97UN+L3sUSamTXiA7ZTuiL8wlBOBfhh0aZ7+7NwfupjnBHScTcPInZBaMQMRrZUrysJuZhNHZ09bz5fF4jW9okNYk+lllx85HPD2FgTj2oK5l5iw8+wX20l5hK4bcxigx9TP+IZkQdLpq9pwoHkm9CMeQ2of8yQ/wOdMNo69HhTPpZa1bdthNFR8WCf1ObR1lqcLSd7fyFUUbyE/qWKwU5tCJaw==|tkp:Bk9SR_6pnYzrYw ?

Lastly, what is the wiring configuration for the switch to function this way? I have that very impressive diagram from our kind member, but I really need to understand in real terms using images rather than drawings. The wiring for the LED includes a small board inside the black plastic container seen in the photo. Is that a 24-12v thing?

Last edited:

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back