Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help which uC to use for project, Weighing Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

windpath

I need help which Micro Controller suitable to use with this circuit. I'm going to use Switch debouncer and LCD connected to microcontroller. This is my circuit.

AD7195.gif

I want to know to which pin to MicroController should I connect the DIN , DOUT/RDY(bar), SCLK, CS(bar), SYNC(bar) to?

Switch Debounce.png

I'm going to use Switch Debounce since my project is about Weighing System for Recycled Item. When weight is present the Micro Controller will give the user option to choose either Glass,Paper,Metal,Plastic.

Which LCD is suitable to use? along with the Microprocessor, I'm still blur, kindly help please. Thankz

Practically any micro should do, providing it has enough I/O pins and memory for your needs. Use whichever type you have experience with and for which you have a programmer. Likewise practically any LCD should be suitable.

what if I use the PIC16F877. Can I know which pin I connect the DIN , DOUT/RDY(bar), SCLK, CS(bar), SYNC(bar) to PIC? Connection for the rest I have no problem.

2008122721847335.jpg

The 877 should work fine. The pins you ask about need to connect to the Master Synchronous Serial Port peripheral of the 877. Read the MSSP section of the datasheet for how to use it.

Also, you don't need to use hardware debouncing. It is quite easy to debounce switches in software.

Test the switch multiple times with a short delay between tests.

Increment a counter each time the test is true. Reset the counter if false. When the count >= x, then _____.

On my last project I used 10mS and x=4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back