▓How to increase the amperage of the tp4056 module to 3A?▓

electronium

Greetings to the colleagues of the forum
If we want to get a higher amp from a single tp4056 module, for example, what circuit should we add to the module, can we? How is the circuit and its schematic?

Greetings to the colleagues of the forum
If we want to get a higher amp from a single tp4056 module, for example, what circuit should we add to the module, can we? How is the circuit and its schematic?
I don't think you should be thinking along those lines. This chip was designed for a specific purpose and there is literally zero indication that it can be used outside of those guidelines. At least that is the way I read the datasheet. Do you know something that I don't? There is probably an OTS microcontroller that you could use to build a more capable unit, but charging is not a simple process and there are numerous safety concerns to be aware of. You should check Battery University for a rudimentary look into what you are up against.

Don't shoot yer' eye out kid!
ETA: where the admonition came from

Last edited:
I'm not disputing anything you wrote, but just want to ask: looking at the datasheet for this chip, wouldn't it be possible to add a pass transistor (BJT or MOSFET) at the chip's BAT terminal to increase the current capacity as the OP asked about?

This all above my pay grade, so pardon me if this is an absurd question ...

Totally agree about Battery University as a great source of info for anything battery-related.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…