120-44.4V Buck Converter Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

misteraces

Hi,

I am looking to take 120V DC and convert it to an output voltage of 44.4V DC. I am having problems with the exact inductor and capacitor values to get it to 44.4V. Is it possible to get to exactly 44.4V using a buck converter? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

isolated or non-isolated?

how much current do you need?

how much ripple can you tolerate?

and if we can ask: what do you need it for?

it is very possible to convert 120 to 44.4 volts. the setup is dependent on your requirements.

In addition to the very reasonable questions posted by Glyph, there are some additional points. The values of the inductor(s) and the capacitors might not have much influence on the output voltage. It is usually a resistive voltage divider that makes this determination. What controller chip are you planning to use?

Are you sure you should be fooling around with this stuff before you bulk up your knowledge a little bit?

I thought it was a combination of inductor, load resistance, and duty cycle that determines your output voltage. Capacitance just controls the ripple voltage. I have some designer equations I went over in school this semester that could be used if you gave a bit more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…