1400w Transformer at 1/2 voltage?

Hi,

Yes, I wasn't sure how much area you needed to kill weeds in so I mentioned motor oil.

Next up: Radioactive waste (ha ha).
I have, poison ivy, weeds, grass, sticker vines, plants that I don't know the names of, etc., growing in about 500 ft of chain link fence and about 200 ft against the side if the garage and house. Lawn mower can cut near the fence and weed eater too and tall plants and limbs need to be cut with chain saw. Fence is not mine and neighbors are not cutting it. If I don't trim it then it gets about 5 ft winder into my yard by Nov. Some of this growth is 10 to 15 ft tall it keeps getting taller and wider. There are small trees growing in the fence line I have been cutting them off and become tree stumps 5 ft tall on the neighbors side. 1 tree stump is 8" diameter 5 ft tall where I was cutting but now I have tree limbs 6 ft into my yard. I have to drive lawn mower round the limbs or get knocked off the lawnmower seat. When tree limb are large enough to cut with a chain saw I throw limbs over the fence and neighbors just leave them they don't care. If I could get enough dead stuff over the fence I could set it on fire that might kill some of the stuff for a while until it grows back. Neighbors are gone to work all day. All the stuff that grows makes a nice privacy zone but it is working me to death keeping my side cut. If I was 50 years younger it would be easy work. Some of the hardest for me is poison ivy and sticker weeds that grow right against the house and refuse to die and are not easy to cut off.

Last edited:

Hi,

Wow, that's nuts. I'd be bugged about that too.
Maybe you should consult with a professional before you get any older. This problem sounds huge.

Have you tried boiling water on the roots of the poison ivy? Might take a lot of water though. Possibly hot water from the hot water heater might be enough, not sure about that though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…