16f877a development board

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

Hiya Guys,
Take a look at this development board made by momentfire. It's based on the 40 pin 16f877a but any other 40 pin pic with the same pinout works with it too and at $65 US it aint to expensive. The board doesn't have a progammer onboard but the pic is preloaded with a bootloader. On checking out the cost of parts it would cost more just buying the bits than it does buying the developmentt board.

:!: On the advice from L.Chung I've edited the first post to let everybody know DON'T BUY THIS BOARD. At least I can say I got my money back but as far as anyone else goes you'll propbably lose your money. :!:

Cheers Bryan

Attachments

• picmfiresmall.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2,371
It looks excellent. If you order one let us know how you get on with it.

Do you have a link to more information such as a schematic.

Mike.

Hiya Pommie,
I'm hoping to get the board next week and silly me forgot to place the link up so here it is **broken link removed**

Cheers Bryan

Jay.slovak said:
It looks really good! Do you have any experience with PICs?

Hiya Jay,
I've played around with Nigel's tutorials and made a few projects up using pic's and up til now I've been playing with 16f628, 16f72 pics. Now I got the microchip samples( 16f877a, 16f777, 18f4525) this development board will come in handy. I looked at the easypic2 board from mikro-electro but reading their forum for a few days turned me away from spending $300 on a piece of crap. As I'm pretty busy on the farm time hasn't allowed me to play with the pic's yet but my first project is in the debbuggin stage, oh and I went for the Oshonsoft compiler mainly for the price and I must say it's worth all the $33.00 I paid for it

Cheers Bryan

bryan1 said:
Eh Jay,
PM me a few examples then mate

Cheers Bryan
Why PM? 18Fs are better because: They DON'T use banking, have more instructions (allowing C code to run very effectively), can run up to 40Mhz (with only 10Mhz crystal thanks to PLL), they have much bigger program memory, ability to store literal tables very effectivelly, Ability to read/write program memory, EEPROM AND Config. bits durring normal program execution, more and better peripherals... and many more

Someone Electro said:
Dont confuse an newby whith the andvanced 18Fs jay!
I just said 18F advantages... 18Fs ARE NOT APPROPRIATE FOR BEGINNERS. I use 18Fs for my all 28 and 40pin PIC projects.

Oh an here is a list of stuff that might come handy wen experementing whith PICs:
-an LCD
-LEDs
-EEPROMS
-an 5V regulator
-motor controlers whith an CMOS input (microchip has them up to 2A)
-difrent crystals
-temperature sensors
-realtime clocks
-radio modules
-IR modules
-piezo speakers

And a programmer :lol:

i use 18F's now, only 16F's i use are the 88's as they are uber cool too.

I am using a 18F1320 in my current project, boostc compiler and off u go.

pittuck said:
i use 18F's now, only 16F's i use are the 88's as they are uber cool too.

I am using a 18F1320 in my current project, boostc compiler and off u go.
Yeah they're cool.
I also like 18F1320, but it sucks that it is not PIN compatible with 16F88 :evil:

Hiya Guy's,
Well I got that board last week but as I've been over west I aint tried it out yet, but the board came with no info at all and from my own dealings with them I would recommend not to touch it. There is another forum which a good friend directed me to that has that many complaints on being ripped off I wish I had saw it before I ordered the thing. I mean whats the use of a development board with so many features if there isn't a schematic showing you how to connect each feature. Looks like I'll have to sit down with a continuity tester just to work out the board. On the bright side atleast there's a heap of stuff I can pull off it for other projects if the board is stuffed. O'well thats the last time I buy anything from Hong Kong if thats the best service they provide I'll buy elsewhere even if it's dearer.

Cheers Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…