Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

193-8 9732 Air Capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trackerman

I have this part in a wildlife radio telemetry tracking box. It has broken solder joints in 2 spots and rather than just repairing I considered replacing it. I just can't find one on the web. What does it do, specifically, and where would i find the part specifications for it. I am not an electronics genius but enjoy tinkering and learning how things work.
Just some background on the tracking system i refer to, It receives a radio signal from the transmitter (dog collar), in the 217.200-217.299 Mhz range. The air capacitor that i am asking about is the way of tuning the box to receive to the thousandth digit. These manufacturers act as though this is some kind of technological wonder, but in looking it really doesn't look that complicated.
The reason i considered replacing this part is upon making a temporary connection on the broken solder joint the receiver did not act any differently which tells me that the air capacitor is not holding the relevence to operation that it should, as this is a key part to the unit.

It is definitley an air capacitor, however the part # is 193-8 9732 and I am unable to locate that part. So my question then is based on this part #, would any know of it specifications based on some type of manufacturer nomenclature. Each of the air caps that I have found are measured in picofarads, so I may have to find a modern replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back