1994 Gmc Circuit Cluster Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-O-

Hello all.
I need some help in finding what kind of parts i need to get to repair my Dash Cluster in my 94 GMC. This board runs the digital features in my suv, Gas,Speed,oil and so on. I looked around and couldn't find any good details.

K so here is my Burnt out Cluster Board here:

**broken link removed**

Also i found this new updated picture with different Parts that might be easier for me to get. So just need the name of the parts if possible i can go to my local Electronic shop and pick them up.

here is the picture of a rebuilt board i found

**broken link removed**

Thanks all hope i can find some help to get me back on the road.

I think the blue part you've pointed is a capacitor, although I don't know its value. Did you try searching for the part numbers indicated on the rest of the parts you pointed?

The blue part (orange in the picture of your real board) is a "metallized polyester film capacitor", AKA a Mylar capacitor. The "473" on the top image means its value is 47nF, and below that is the voltage rating (it is rated to handle up to 400V, which is why it's so big).

In searching for the transistors, I found this thread. Neat, eh? The answer is in this post.

Torben

You might be looking at a version of TDK's CXA-L0512 inverter.

If this is true, you could buy one (even in a different shape) and borrow parts from it. Digikey and Mouser seem to sell something similar.

Whoops...somehow I totally missed the extremely blown diode near the top of the top image. Sorry.

It's a diode. The symbol on the board directly underneath it appears to just be a regular diode symbol (i.e. not a Schottky, zener, etc) but that doesn't necessarily mean much. I can't tell what the voltage rating is from the image, but I would try something like a 1N4004. That's a diode rated at 400V which might be overkill given that it's sitting next to a capacitor rated for only 50V--if so a 1N4001 (100V) should do the trick.

I'm sure someone will be along to correct me any minute if I've missed on this one.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…