2.2M resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.
for sure, the first two bands are red, and red, but the third, I'm not sure if it is green or blue. The third band colour is a multiplier band.

Hi MS,
If you see the green or blue bands the same on resistors, you are slightly colour-blind. Sometimes red, orange and brown bands also look similar. Use a bright white light and maybe a magnifying glass to see the different colours better. I use a combination of warm-white compact flourescent with cool-white regular flourescent tubes over my workbench. Can you read the numbers printed on surface-mount parts?

I don't bother looking up the colours and corresponding numbers on a chart. I just remember the colours sequence of the rainbow that I learned when I was a little wee guy! Roy G. Biv is red,orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo (not on resistors) and violet (purple). You can figure-out white, black, brown, silver and gold yourself! :lol:

we had some innappropriate sayings to memorize the color code chart :wink:

the one that was more acceptable though was: Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well

Black Brown Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Violet Grey White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…