Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.5kva transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

emfi

pls can somebody help me with details on how to build a 2.5kva transformer.i will appreciate if it contains design detailsi.e size of core.guage of wire etc.thanks

What voltage do you plan on running it off of?
What current output are you looking for?

You're probably better off just buying one.

When I was young, and my time was not worth anything, I have taken an E-core transformer apart and re-wound it to my specifications. You need to start with a transformer rated for 2.5kva, it will be big and heavy. You might find one in a junk yard or the power company might give you one that is defective (you are going to re-wind it anyway). You need to do some studying to know how the transformer works, what size wire will carry the current, etc.

Do some google searching

https://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/electromag/java/transformer/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back