Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 IC Project....valuable SUGGESTIONS requires!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

***STRIDER***

hi all...im new to this forum ,forgive me if i posted in a wrong section.....Kindly suggest me a simple circuit project having minimum 2 ICs....???waiting for ur valuable opinions /suggestions...

Clock, any form of logic circuit (basic alarm, auto garden watering, flood alarm) pretty much anything **COULD** be made using 2 or more ICs, although it would be wasteful in a lot of cases.

Can you offer any additional information, for example an inteded purpose. Does it have to be logic or any IC, as there is NOTHING that can be built (that I know of) that can be done by an IC that cannot be done using discrete parts, as an IC is just lots of discreets in a very small space.

Other things you could possibly do - make a uProcessor talk to your pc, mabey to measure temp, then send it to your pc via the serial port. that would give you 2 ICs, one for the uP and one for the RS232 converter (eg MAX232 or similar)

Just thought, what technical knowledge do you have with ICs, how simple do you need it to be?

Last edited:
This is a really complex idea from what I understand about it, but I've heard of people using simple µCs to make multi-core processors for custom motherboards.

From what I gather, they hook them in parallel and this allows for simultaneous data processing. I've heard that if you do it right, you can outperform the QX6775, but i don't know for sure if this is true.

actually i made one IC circuit b4 now im willing to make a two IC circuit.....i want that circuit may include 2ic ,10~15resistors ,capacitors etc..

Last edited:
This is a really complex idea from what I understand about it, but I've heard of people using simple µCs to make multi-core processors for custom motherboards.

From what I gather, they hook them in parallel and this allows for simultaneous data processing. I've heard that if you do it right, you can outperform the QX6775, but i don't know for sure if this is true.

any more info on this? id at least like to read about it, sounds entertaining.
like, even any likely search terms that might yield something?

any more info on this? id at least like to read about it, sounds entertaining.
like, even any likely search terms that might yield something?

Umm, I was on a forum reading about custom motherboards because I wanted to try making my own version of the Roadrunner PC, with Quad-core Xeons instead of dual-core Opterons. Look up the roadrunner, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'll look around and see if I can find anything relavent to this, but honestly, it was just some super nerdy computer guys going back and forth about the custom MoBos they made.

I'll see what I can find, and I'll PM you anything interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back