2 ohm piezo needs 200V

Status
Not open for further replies.
A chopper transistor is whats inside every switching power supply, probably not beyond your capabilities, only if you start to mess with such things buy a dozen more than you need, I allways end up with a bag of blowns.
A chopper is just a switch that has dc on one side and a squarewave on the other that is an amplified version of the squarewave on the base/gate.
The front end of a switching psu is something along the lines of what I meant, only you'd need something isolated from the mains of course.

Last edited:
I'm thinking it through, the piezo needs a sine wave, square waves produce something destructive, not sure how i'd supply 200VDC. Will go find a datasheet. Thank you, Ant.

Thats what the inductance is for, done right even with a square wave drive you'd have something that resembles a sine.

I could get a new circuit working but i've decided its best to stick with what i know. I don't have the time to find the components and put them together even though it doesn't look too complicated. I'll slice the piezo somewhat and the current draw will come down to manageable levels. Thanks for the input on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…