230 VAC UPS system with 24 internal battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Freeze

I am looking to make a UPS system based on a generic simple (and cheap) commercial availeble system and a 24 VDC generator. - 500 to 1000 W

The concept is to have a UPS system with an internal 24 VDC battery BUS. In the back of the UPS where normally the "external" or "extra" battery bank is connected to encrease runtime i hook my generator up.

The generator i have starts and stop based on voltage - so when the DC BUS drops in voltage due to an outage the generator starts and the same when it is high.

I have searched the net for a UPS with the above specs with little luck mostly 12 or 48 VDC - maybe you can help out.

230 VAC UPS single phase
24 VDC battery bus
External DC connection

//Matt

Something like this maybe from APC. The similar US 120 volt versions that I have all use two 12 volt 7.5 AH batteries in series configuration for 24 volt battery power and have an external battery connector. Since the unit will never use mains you may need to maybe disconnect the internal battery charger. Anyway, there should be dozens out there that fill your needs. I just started with APC.

Ron

Hi Ron

I can't see your deeplink so a bit hard to comment on.

Trust me i have been on the varius UPS sites; Eaton, APC, Chloride, Emerson aso.. However the general topology is 48 or 12 V.

I have even been through the varius help functions - so i would be interested if you have links to a model that holds the spec.

//Mads

OK, let's try again using this link. That should be the .pdf file for the family of UPS units. However, just in case: APC Power-Saving Back-UPS Pro 1500, 230V is what I had in mind which allows for using an external 24 volt battery. I use the US specification versions of these (120 volt).

Ron

When I was looking at the 230 volt models in the pdf they mention battery pack: Yes: BR24BPG (Note: also compatible with BR24BP) which are 24 volt external battery packs? All of the larger units I have seen, US and Euro seem to use 24 volt batteries? I agree, at this point I would call APC.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…