Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

25Khz Triangular Generator Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

Hello, I am attempting to design a 25Khz triangular generator. I don't want to use any timers or digital IC's for this. I tried the tradional integrator/shmitt triger aproach but my waveform is badly distortted every time. I tried doing this with 3 or 4 different kinds of op-amps and yet I can't get a stable and undistortted output. I can get stable nice output on low frequencies of 1Khz range but I get just pure garbage at the output past like 8Khz. I can't even get a stable waveform in Multisim. Is there something wrong in using the shmitt trigger/integrator for this ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Post a schematic, dammit! The Schmitt triggered square wave oscillator and an integrator ought to work. Need to see what you're doing wrong.

Ooopps forgot about Slew Rate...

I apologies for causing inconvinience to all with this post. It seems I have neglectted one of the most important parameters of op-amps. Slew rate that is. I calculatted that for 10% distortion and 20Vpp output, I need an op-ap with at least 10V/us slew rate. All Op-amps I used last night for my project did not meet that criteria. It's no wonder I was getting insane distortion at the ouput. I modeled my circuit in multisim today using LF400 (60V/uS) and the output actualy looks much closer to the wave I wantted.

Please accpet my apologies for taking up your time...

That's ok, no need to apologise for that one. Slew rate issues cause lots of problems. Glad you found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back