Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2n2222

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

please check this schematic may be i have something wrong , i'm going to make it's PCB,

the function of this board is to get a signal from PIC16f877 main board and run H-Bridges and other circuits which required 5V or 12 Volt but with more tolerance with the current

i'm using 2n2222

thank you

Attachments

• 2n2222.jpg
    2n2222.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 1,010
Looks fine, most use a ULN2803 to do the same thing as it has the diode clamps and higher gain than the 2N2222A plus a nice simple DIP package.
**broken link removed**

Your circuit doesn't have resistor values nor does it have a load. So it might work, it might not work or it might blow up.

If it is designed properly:
When an input is high then the output of a transistor is low.
When an input is low then the output of a transistor is high.

actually i don't know how yo use this ULN2803 , but i'll download it's datasheet and i'll try to understand it .

if you can help please tell me , what is this circus , it looks like stepper motor

looked at the datasheet , my question is :

the output is just 500mA and 50 Volts

how to increase this 500 mA , it's so low

watzmann said:
looked at the datasheet , my question is :

the output is just 500mA and 50 Volts

how to increase this 500 mA , it's so low
In that case the 2N2222 isn't that much more powerful at 800ma and you'll need to drive it fairly hard to get that and it will get very warm. A TIP112 darlington might be a better idea.
500ma is generally enough for many small stepper motors.

Last edited:
How large is your stepper motor?

Perhaps power MOSFETs might be a better option.

i don't need to drive stepper motors , but i just have four H-Bridge circuits which drives 4 DC motors , i think each one about 1A,

for that raeson i'm asking for more current.

as for the TIP 112 should i use a buffer before connecting it with the pic

watzmann said:
i don't need to drive stepper motors , but i just have four H-Bridge circuits which drives 4 DC motors , i think each one about 1A,

hi,
The TIP122 is a medium power npn darlington, with a gain of about 1000.

For TIP122 collector currents of about 2amps or so, all you need is a PIC pin to TIP 122 base resistor, say about 270R.

watzmann said:

Better to use a SN754410 Quad Half Bridge. 1.2A with thermal shutdown, nice part. Of course larger ICs exist and will save you burning out transistors. Your original 2N2222 circuit is not an H-Bridge, you'll need PNP transistors too for a proper H-Bridge.

Unlike good Mosfets, darlington transistors have a voltage loss. An H-bridge made with darlingtons could have a loss of up to 6V.

A "1A" motor draws 10A or more when it starts and when it is stalled.

Try this H-bridge that uses darlingtons:

Attachments

• h-bridge darlingtons.PNG
    h-bridge darlingtons.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,641
blueroomelectronics said:
Your original 2N2222 circuit is not an H-Bridge, you'll need PNP transistors too for a proper H-Bridge.

Yes my original circuit 2n2222 is not an H-bridge , it's just a connection between the PIC main control circuit and the H-bridge ,

my H-bridge is working very well and up to 1.5A,

but i'll try the new one as it's for 5A , may be i need that capacity later

I would recommend the IRL540 MOSFET.

This circuit uses N-channel and P-channel Mosfets.

Attachments

• H-bridge-Mosfets.PNG
    H-bridge-Mosfets.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 785
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back