Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2SK146/2SJ73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Forum Members,
Here a question about a 2SK146 about the pinout.
In a Japanese data book, the 2SK146 is depicted as below, ScreenShot5602, ScreenShot5611 .

But when the counterpart is viewed 2SJ73, it turns out to have a different pinout, ScreenShot5614.

Here the Japanese characters, ScreenShot5612.

It is actually also inconceivable that the 2SK146 has the Drain of both opposite each other, because that would mean that there would be 2 different fets in one housing, in other words 2 different 2SK146 would have to be made.

Has anyone viewed the pinout of this Fet the 2SK146 and the 2SJ73 before ?.
Sincerely,
Pim

Attachments

• ScreenShot5602.bmp
    942.3 KB · Views: 353
  • ScreenShot5614.bmp
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 354
  • ScreenShot5612.bmp
    531.4 KB · Views: 352
  • ScreenShot5611.bmp
    824.1 KB · Views: 391
Looking at the pinouts, they seem to be the same physically. It is just one counts pins in one direction for pins 4-6, the other counts in the other direction. See diagrams...
But, putting the device in as a direct replacement would have the same pins in the same holes

What matters to me is the following.
It seems unlikely to me that a manufacturer will make an N-Fet the 2SK146 and a 2SJ73, and then make the 2SK146 so that there are 2 different Fets in one housing, because that is the case it takes 2 different 2SK146 to get them like this as the pinout is now displayed. Screenshot 5611

Take as an example the double J Fet 2SJ73 which is made up of 2 identical fets, if they are placed opposite each other then the drain`s are diagonally opposite each other. Screenshot 5614

The 2SK146 as in Screenshot 5611 there are the drain`s opposite each other, which is only possible if there are 2 different versions of these 2SK146 Fet`s, in the housing.

Hope it has been explained well by me

Last edited:
What I mean to say is the following
The counterpart of the 2SK146 is the 2SJ73,
there the drain`s are diagonally opposite each other, that happens because they are the same Fets in a housing.
The 2SK146, on the other hand, has the drains facing each other, which is only possible if two different felts are used, so the manufacturer would have made two different versions of the 2SK146 so that the drains would be opposite each other.
Hope I have displayed it that well.

Last edited:
You are confusing the actual packaged transistor with the chip inside the transistor package. It is easy to connect the bond wire from G S or D region to any pin on the transistor package.

1621462003700.jpeg

Here a few pictures of the 2Sk146, it is just two transistors in aluminum housing, in one picture that cover has been removed.

Attachments

• ScreenShot5618.bmp
    1.5 MB · Views: 174
  • ScreenShot5617.bmp
    1,010 KB · Views: 184
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back