3.7vdc to 110vac at 2,000 to 4,000 Hz. noob question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeyalaterbye

hello everyone,

let me start by saying im a complete beginner when it comes to electronics. i know how basic circuits work and i have decent soldering skills.

the project: i am going to try and make a lighting system for a micro helicopter of mine with some cold light string.

the issue is the heli runs on a 3.7v system and the cold light system runs on 110vac at 2,000 to 4,000 Hz. they do make a driver for it that runs at 5-9vdc but it is way to big and heavy. not to mention it does operate at the voltage im running at.

could anyone tell me how to make a converter for this. it should be possible i just dont know how to go about it. the load from the lights is slim to none. probably 10% at most of what the system was intend for.

any input would be greatly appreciated, try to be nice to me and my newbieness lol

A tiny transformer to stepup the volage from an oscillator will probably weigh more than your entire helicopter.
Micro RC airplanes have lightweight LED light kits made for them.

Last edited:
AG why would he put a old transform on his micro helicopter???

Use a setup converter and run the cold light system off pulesd DC?

they do make a driver for it that runs at 5-9vdc but it is way to big and heavy.
IMHO any 110V supply you build will also be too heavy/big. The commercial power supply, for cost reasons, is unlikely to be bigger or heavier than it needs to be to handle the power the lights require. A home made supply would have to provide the same power.
the load from the lights is slim to none
How do you know? Do you have any figures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…