Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3-Band EQ Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonXp

Hello, I am currently making a 3-band equalizer for part of my college project and it seems ive hit a wall.

Here is the circuit on Multisim:

**broken link removed**

I have run a bode plotter and frequencies through the circuit and everything seems to work fine (oscilliscope + bode showing amplified frequencies from changes to potentiometers). After this i exported the circuit and printed up a circuit board.

After populating the PCB to the circuit diagram i tried testing the circuit for real and unfortunatly it seems to do nothing now . when changing the potentiometers, no change can be heard what so ever to music or frequencies, although it does pass the signal through

is there any visible or common mistakes in the circuit or that i could have made building the board ?

Many thanks,

Jon

I have a schematic that is very similar to yours and it works:
1) Its lines are straight instead of wandering all over the place like lines on Multisim.
2) It doesn't have Multisim chicken-pox-dots all over it.
3) Its value for C5 is 1000 times less (22nF instead of 22uF).
4) It is fed from the very low impedance of the output of an opamp.

Attachments

• Baxandall tone controls3.PNG
    Baxandall tone controls3.PNG
    17.1 KB · Views: 5,047
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back