Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 bit updown counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdplayer316

hi im trying to get this updown counter circuit to work at the following link but my 7 segment display is only staying at 0 **broken link removed**

Im using a 7447, 555 timer, 7408, 7432, 7404 and 2 7476 jk flipflops. Im not sure whats wrong if im tying the clocks wrong or im not connecting the gates in the right spots or what but ive checked them over and over again and everything seems right. Any advice at all is well appreciated and im sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Try this**broken link removed**

What are you doing with the Preset and Clear pins?

Last edited:
the preset and clear pins i had all to vcc. whats weird is the 555 timer isnt pulsing when i connect it to the circuit and it works fine when i disconnect it which is making me beleive im connecting something wrong or forgetting something

right now i started from scratch and i got it going to 0-15 with just the 4 jk flipflops and still when i connect the flipflops to the gates the 555 timer stops pulsing

What voltage is the 555 running on? Do you have a bypass cap (~10uF) across the supply pins to the 555? to the TTL?

its on 5 v and yea i have the cap on it. im not understanding the up and down parts in this picture **broken link removed** as ive never built something like this before and also at the end on the right side where do those 2 lines go

its on 5 v and yea i have the cap on it. im not understanding the up and down parts in this picture **broken link removed** as ive never built something like this before and also at the end on the right side where do those 2 lines go

You mean the J-K inputs on the LEFT side? The "1" is synonymous with being tied to the positive supply voltage, presumably 5V.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back