Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 interesting projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypnotize

Hello,
I would like your opinion on 3 projects I'm currently working on.
1) I draw something on a piece of paper attached to a clipboard and I want the drawing to be transferred "live" while I draw to a remote PDA or some custom B/W screen + microcontroller I will construct myself. So the analog data must be transferred either by a known protocol such as bluetooth or a serial data that I will recode in a custom screen.
I googled for digital pens and papers and I know there are many products on the market. The problem with these things:
a) you have to attach a special "scanner" to the paper. This is a problem, since I want the clipboard to look like ordinary clipboard without anything suspicious attached to it.
b) the pens look to "space-age" like, they are big and bulky. It doesn't look like an ordinary pen.
c) the data cannot be transferred "live" (while I draw) in many of these products.

Any ideas how to do it?

second project (I think it's easier)
2) I want to insert tiny RF transmitters into small objects (like balls, small boxes) and I want to be able to "read" these transmitters from a 30-40cm distance. I should be able to know if it is transmitter no.1, no.2 or whatever.
Should I use RFID? in this case, what type of transmitters and readers should I use?

3) I want to install very thin RFID tags into papers so I can recognize the paper's transmitter from a distance. Where can I get these tags? what happens when 2-3 tags are very near to each other? which one will be read in this case? Is there any product then can not only tell me the transmitter's number but also the distance from it?

I really appreciate your help on this.

thanks!!!

Umm I really don't know why you would want this...At my university a few of the prof's have laptop's which you can rotate the screen down so it's like writing on the surface...then they just do examples live over a projector for us.

What you are asking for is incredibly difficult for someone to do especially for the size constraints you are asking for. It can be done for sure...but by multiple people with a lot of money and time.

The nokia bluetooth pen does look a bit spacey, but it probably suits the pen part. RFID tags can be encoded and read from a distance.Sounds like an exam cheating scheme to me, but the whole story hasn't been divulged.

A lot of RFID have built in collision detection so multiple tags in the read range should not be a problem but you won't be able to 'single' out a specific tag from a bunch very easily. I don't know of any RFID devices that do signal strength as part of the data packet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back