Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

32 Inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

beakie

Hi

I am attempting to connect 32 analog inputs to an arduino nano. I intend to make this my first ever homemade PCB.

I just wanted to post it in case I am doing something really stupid... wasting PCB and hours of time :-/

Here is the eagle schematic...

The things on the left are screw terminal blocks. Each with a straight connection to some sort of input device. Mostly these will be potentiometers. (Hence the 3 pins for each... direct connections to each of the 3 pins of whatever device).

Export1.png

Questions:

In this image, I have 4 resistors connected to each of the common grounds of the devices. I would have drawn it as 1 resistor with all 32 potentiometers connected to it... but it was harder to manage the drawing in eagle. Will this work?... or do I need 32 resistors?

Thanks!!!!

I appreciate it's a newbie question... but you guys haven't let me down yet :p

What is the purpose of the resistors?

Most variable resistors have two connectors (if they have three they should most likely be connected like the potentiometer).

From your site.

Last edited:
Most variable resistors have two connectors (if they have three they should most likely be connected like the potentiometer).

From your site.

I confused myself. Sorry. You have reminded me what I am actually supposed to be doing... cheeeers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back