32-Pin EEPROM Types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I would like to know something: I have 2x EEPROMs - "SST39SF020" and "SST49LF020". The "SST49LF020" is an LPC (Low Pin Count) EEPROM, whilst the other is... wel, just the ordinary Multi-Purpose Flash EEPROM. The cool thing is that I have built an EEPROM programmer using an old computer motherboard and I have successfully programmed more than 20 different EEPROMs with it. I've also built an SPI programmer into it using the parallel bus. The problem is that this EEPROM programmer can only flash the ordinary Multi-Purpose Flash EEPROM types and NOT LPC types! However I do believe that the LPC just have some different pinout? Is there a way I can make an LPC compatible with the Multi-Purpose Flash bus? In the datasheets I can see they use the exact same pinout on Pins 5 to 20. Pins 1 to 4 and pins 21 to 32 are not the same, however I can see that they are only switched, but the LPC chips have RST#, R/C# and MODE pins that I don't know what they are? Maybe someone can tell me exactly whether the LPC and FWH chips are compatible {if I can modify the pinouts a bit} and what pins I should switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…