Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3x gain videoamplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrGnome said:
Hi!

I need to build a 3x gain videoamp to boost up low composite video leves (around 250mv peaks) to around 1v.

-What do i need to think about considering it's a video signal that has to be amplified?

-What components will I need, can I make one just with normal resistors, transistors and a power source?

Any help appreciated!

(The story is here https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/some-math-required-i-reckon.13284/#post-70927 ) :)
I designed video circuitry for a living for over 20 years, so I might be able to help. What power supply voltage(s) do you have available? If you have positive and negative supplies, the choices of solutions are greater, but it can be done with a single positive supply.
It appears from your scope shot that the video is sync tip restored to GND. Is that consistent with what you see on the output?
Do you need to drive a 75 ohm load (in the TV)?
How long is the cable you are driving?
An LM324 will not give you the bandwidth you need. You need at least 15 - 20 MHz gain-bandwidth product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back