Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4017 sequencer for oscillator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael_circuit

I have a 4017 8 step sequencer, a 555 timer for the clock, a voltage controlled oscillator (tl072 op amp) and an audio amplier (tea2025b). Each is individually breadboarded on its own breadboard. When the oscillator is connected to the amplifier I hear a sound, How do I sequence that sound into 8 steps? Ive read every article I could find on this subject and Im afraid Im missing a key point. The end result should be something like this

oscillator + sequencer + audio amplifier = 8 step synthesizer sequencer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyTz_mcBOnE&feature=related

Last edited:
Take each of the 8 outputs from the 4017 into 8 different pots. Take the wiper of each pot through 8 diodes to the input of your VCO.

And, since the 4017 has ten outputs, why not use all of them?

OR make it even more versatile by having a rotary switch that lets you change the reset point of the 4017. That way you can have anywhere from 1 to 10 steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back