Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4050 and TIP120

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

i have a PIC control circuit 16f877 i need to use it to control many H-Bridegs ,
so i thought to use a buffer to transfer the signal to my H-Bridges ,

what about using 4050 IC , and then the transistor TIP120.

my problem is :

i need to deliver volt from the TIP120 collector about 12 volt , because the H-bridges need 12 Volt as a signal to work well

although my 4050 Ic is just opeting on 5 volts ,

so how to deal with the TIP120 collector volt ,

hi watzman,
The 4050 can work as a level shifter from +12V down to TTL levels, not the other way around.

Have you considered quad opa ic's for level shifting?
If you can accept a signal inversion you could use the ULNxxxx series octal drivers. [with a 74LS14 driving the ULN's that would give a double inversion]

or you could use transistors.

do you mean power trasistors?

i don't like the 2n2222 , it's just enough for 800mA , i need it to exceed 1 A

what is the suitable one for 1 A or more and has simple usage as this 2N2222

Last edited:
Last edited:
The TIP120 and TIP125 are darlington transistors. So with a 12V supply and a 1.5A load then the load receives only about 9V to 10.5V.

Mosfets would have hardly any voltage loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back