Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4069 as variable resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prprog

I try to search the web on this (read about it a long time ago)->used a 4069 hex inverter as a variable resistor. Any idea on how this can be done?

Thanks

I don't see how it can be done, it's a buffer not a variable resistor.

I've seem them used as a VCO and an analog amplifier, but never as a resistor. What are you trying to build?

A long time ago the CD4007 was shown how it could be used as a variable resistor.

Switched capacitor filter?

A long time ago the CD4007 was shown how it could be used as a variable resistor.

Let me guess, I assuem it involved operating the MOSFETs in the ohmic region.

Let me guess, I assuem it involved operating the MOSFETs in the ohmic region.
Yes, and they have two very well matched Mosfets because it is monolithic, either N-channel or P-channel.

The neat thing about the CD4007 is that you have semi independent access to the individual MosFets in the IC and can operate both the P and N channel devices as open drain. Maybe prprog should use this IC or a discreet MosFet for his "voltage controlled resistor".

He could also use a 4066 analog switch and has 4 bits to change resistor values.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back