Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumieus

What if someone make a police siren circuit and sell it?
Would it be illegal?

and yeh of course.. that someone is not me.. ;)

Yes providing you don't use it to imitate a police car.

Would it be illegal?

Why would you want to imitate a 'real' police siren, I cant think of a legitimate reason.:confused:

That's probably because using it on your car is illegal.

Last edited:
Only littlw kids would want a siren but they don't have any money to buy it.
So if nobody buys it then nobody sells it.

Siren kits are available for rich little kids.

Would it be illegal?

Well, I'm not an expert on Malaysian law, but here in the US its perfectly legal to design and sell police sirens -provided your buyers are real law enforcement agencys, ambulance and fire companys;)

Having a siren on your personal car would be illegal no matter if you bought it or made it yourself.

He's actually pretty sensible as he's wearing a helmet.

If you say what you want to use the device for then it may be easier for us to locate what you are looking for. If it is an actual police siren that you want - some people are scared of police officers, and copying police equipment in public can make it worse. There are many types of sound generators on the market, however.

Last edited:
Actually, I doubt that using a police siren is illegal. Putting it on a moving vehicle and trying to get some one to pull over definitely is. Just like police style flashing lights aren't illegal but using them on a moving vehicle most certainly is.

By the way, I sure do like it when people have a nice succinct title to their post... Don't ya just hate it when people type really long descriptive ones?

There is a contact at **broken link removed**. Legal or not, it is my opinion that it could be distracting or dangerous if used in public.

Many cars have alarms these days, with a wide variety of siren sounds. Some even have several to select from. Is it just a coincidence that none sound remotely close to a police siren?

Car alarms go off by themselves all the time. People ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back