Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5v ip camera **HELP**

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomemmerson

Hi i need some help with a 5 volt IP camera. I am trying to make it go from a mains power to 4 AA batteries i have it wired up but it keeps swiching on and off. i think it is because of the amp's being too low. please help. here is a picture. ps... the ampage on the mains plug is 2 amps. and 5v

**Help**

Thank you

Measure the voltage of the 4 batteries when the camera is working. Are the cells new? What voltage does the camara say it needs on the input? It may have a regulator inside and require 9v input.

Last edited:
they are new cells and the input on the camera says dc 5v input. i am going to measure now .

thank you for the quick reply!

What camera? more data on the camera?
You said 5 volt camera but you are using 6 volts of batteries.

Your only hope is that it has a fuse inside.
This fuse will look like a resistor.

Also that camera looks like it should have some power circuitry, before it sends power to cpu.
But if the cpu got some of those 9V, then forget it.

Full, ordinary 9V battery gen give up to 3 Amps.

Anyway, you should have used Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries for two reasons:
-They can give enough amps, and
-Four cells would give you 4.8 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back