6 channel FM R/C transmitter / receiver with remote engine start capability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitman1989

I building a custom 1/4th scale Gasoline powered R/C monster truck. I have a 49cc mini chopper engine with a built-in 12V electric start that I plan to use in the build. I want to use a 'mass produced' 6 channel FM R/C airplane style transmitter / receiver that has a switch I can use to start the engine from the transmitter. I looked at every R/C car website I can think of. But I can't seem to find one with a momentary switch to act as the remote starter switch. If any one knows of a transmitter / receiver that would work please let me know. Also I only want to spend a maxium of 200 dollars US for both the transmitter and receiver combined

Last edited:
have you checked out "helicoptor" transmitters? 200 bucks did'nt get much 20yrs ago, i remember that got just a decent 2or3 ch. back then. sounds like a cool project.

Couldn't you just use one of the 6 channels to actuate a servo to push a microswitch?

I have used these little keyfob kits before with good results. The receiver relay board cabn either latch (not what you want) or just hold the relay in as long as the keyfob button is held down (likely what you want). I have also seen cheaper 2 channel versions operated from a key fob also. The linked to unit is available from Allied Electronics (in the US). I would think this could be dome using the six channel controller you mention?

Ron

I have used the **broken link removed**. It has four analog and two digital channels, with momentary buttons on the back. New Vex transmitter kits can usually be had for a reasonable price on ebay. Vex makes a cheaper version too, but unclear on the specs. The downside is that the receiver is not in a readily usable form, unless you are using the Vex controller. Here is a discussion on hacks and compatible receivers, it sounds like Futaba or GWS receivers work.

Just tested the Vex transmitter with a Futaba 75 Mhz FM receiver, and it works! The FP-R122JE has only two channels, so couldn't test the digital channel function, but no reason to believe it wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…