6v battery monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizwan33

i need to build a battery monitor for a 6v battery using lm339 . if any one has a simple working circuit for that purpose than he could upload it .

i need to build a battery monitor for a 6v battery using lm339 . if any one has a simple working circuit for that purpose than he could upload it .
hi,
When you say monitor, how do you want to indicate the battery state.??

Hello sir,
By "monitoring" i mean that if the voltage of 6v battery raises from 6.75v than a red led should glow. else a green led will show that the battery is charging.

Last edited:
Here are two simple circuits to monitor your battery. All you have to do is change the values from 12v monitoring to 6v monitoring:

**broken link removed**
A very simple battery monitor can be made with a dual-colour LED and a few surrounding components. The LED produces orange when the red and green LEDs are illuminated.
The following circuit turns on the red LED below 10.5v
The orange LED illuminates between 10.5v and 11.6v.
The green LED illuminates above 11.6v

**broken link removed**
This battery monitor circuit uses 3 separate LEDs.
The red LED turns on from 6v to below 11v.
It turns off above 11v and
The orange LED illuminates between 11v and 13v.
It turns off above 13v and
The green LED illuminates above 13v

Last edited:
Here is how I do it. Modifying it for 6V is as easy as changing the voltage divider connected to REF so that it puts out 2.495V when the battery is at 6V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…