Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

9 Pin DB9 RGB to MiniDIN S-Video Question... HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molasar

Hello folks,

I have 2 cameras: a Sony XC-003 AND a Panasonic WV-E550. Both these cameras have a DB9 RGB-Sync connector (identical to a regular PC DB9 serial connector) on the back. Both cameras can be configured to output RGB or Sync (Y/C) signals from this connector.

Pin layout is as follows:

Sony XC-003:

1 - VBS output (ground)
2 - RGB output (ground)
3 - R output
4 - G output
5 - B output
6 - VBS/Y output
7 - SYNC output (signal)
8 - SYNC output (ground)
9 - -/C output

Panasonic WV-E550:

1 - GND
2 - GND
3 - R/PR/C
4 - G/Y/Y
5 - B/PB/NC
6 - SY/COMP
7 - SYNC
8 - GND
9 - C/NC

It seems to me the connectors on both these cameras are configured exactly the same (an industry standard?). Anyhow, I was wondering if I can output a regular S-Video signal from these connectors. If so, how would I have to wire the DB9 to 4 pin MiniDIN S-Video?

S-Video pinout:

1 - GND
2 - GND
3 - Y
4 - C

I know this can be done; I saw a posting one time on the internet, but I don't remember where.

Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back