Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a circuit to kill my neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannibal

Hello

well I would like to kill my neighbor because he is annoying me
so I decided to make this project

hehehehe just kidding :D

I would like to do a project and I got this idea ,please see the picture

the idea is if any one touch the leaser beam
the gun toy will function as you know the toy is that type which has 7 different sounds

could you please provide me with schematic diagram and tips

and please ideas will be appreciated

thank you :)

Attachments

• easerguns.gif
    easerguns.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 240
"If someone touch the laser beam" then they get burned. The laser beam doesn't change so you can't detect that it has burned somebody.

The target screen gets the person's shadow on it so it can detect that somebody blocked the laser beam if you put a light sensor on it.

Nice

are there circuits that makes the laser pointer as a sensor ??

is it possible to integrate that laser with alarm circuit ??

An ordinary light sensor can detect a laser beam shining in it or not.
Then if the beam is blocked by a bad guy the sensor can sound an alarm.

audioguru said:
if the beam is blocked by a bad guy the sensor can sound an alarm.

yes Iam looking for this circuit and how to do it

links will be appreciated

I am searching for a circuit that if the laser beam is block then alarm will go on

A light detector is an LDR (light-dependent-resistor), an amplified photo-diode or a photo-transistor.
There are hundreds of light detecting circuits that use them.

cannibal said:
I really need some help to build this project (laser detector)
I mean the full circuit

I'm available, what is your hourly rate of pay for design consultant services?

Lefty

A laser beam is highly directional and also dangerous to use in toys, you might use an Infra red light and an appropriate sensor for this

thanks
a

Heh, title of your thread made me laugh, so here's a link for you at least :)
**broken link removed**
No, none of them are specifically for zapping your neighbours, you would presumably have to adapt whatever circuit you find to suit your requirements. The ones using phototransistors as sensors are probably your best bet, I think LDRs are becoming a bit uncommon nowadays? :confused:

I think it would probably be a good idea, if you've never done any electronics before, to start very simple and try just building a circuit that turns an LED on and off (like most of those on that page) depending on whether the laser etc is shining on the sensor, and THEN when you've got that much working, see about how to connect that with your uh... toy gun thing? :confused: Or whatever it was you wanted to use...

I'd think the easiest way to activate the gun would be a relay or similar in place of the switch on the trigger, but I've no idea how the thing is made so I don't really know. Anyway, that's the extent of my suggestions, so good luck :D

(Hmm, and also I suppose Arun's point about lasers being a bit dangerous is true, they can badly damage your eyes or even blind you, even if they're infra-red ones! :eek: )

Play SAFE

Tomble said:
(Hmm, and also I suppose Arun's point about lasers being a bit dangerous is true, they can badly damage your eyes or even blind you, even if they're infra-red ones! :eek: )

:eek: In fact, infra-red lasers are more dangerous that visible ones :eek:

Visible light will make you close the eye's iris and so there will be less light inside the eye.

As infra-red light cant't be seen :D there is no iris closure and so there is more light inside the eye :( :( and so it's more dangerous.

If you are using low power lasers like those keychain pointers they are not very dangerous, just don't stare into them nor let anybody stare into then (you, your neighbor or anyone that passes by, including kids, pets, etc)

If you are using anything with more power you must take more precautions (googles, metal enclosures, safety interlocks, etc)

(editted for typo)

Last edited:
Google search, or even this forum, for 'Laser gate', and 'Laser tripwire'. There have been several posts here, couple of circuits, some links. On the web, there are several sites with detailed construction and operation, also have seen just schematics at a few sites.

From personal experience... A laser pointer, flashing at 38 kHz, will activate an IR reciever module from my back porch, to the fence at the back of my property, guess about 40 feet. Might work further, was just curious once. The laser appears only half as bright, might be able to drive it twice as hard(?)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back