Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

afesheir

hi everybody ...
I want to know how to solve this problem ... I hope thew solution is attached ... thx

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    4.6 KB · Views: 156
Please at least attempt to do this problem.

Then we might show you where you've gone wrong but we won't do all the work for you.

Yeah, I fell for this before and did someone's homework for them.
Have a go at working it out, If you get stuck post what you've done on here and we'll have a look and try to help.

Ahh yes, but what is the question?

The question?

What is 6x9?

Answer is indeed 42 (according to Douglas Adams)

fingaz said:
The question?

What is 6x9?

Answer is indeed 42 (according to Douglas Adams)

:D :D **broken link removed**

thank you a lot for the help ...
the problem is that I can't understand anything from the lecturer who teaches us this course, and he wants us to solve this problem ... so I want any solution now and I can understand it later ... I hope you understood my well ... thanks

The thing is, if you don't understand it now, you won't understand it later. . .
and we can't always be there to give you the answers. I think you need to go to your tutor and explain that you don't understand. . . ask for a better explanation, that's what tutors are there for. It's better to ask for help now, and understand, than to struggle in silence and not have a clue what you're doing.

Last edited:
afesheir said:
thank you a lot for the help ...
the problem is that I can't understand anything from the lecturer who teaches us this course, and he wants us to solve this problem ... so I want any solution now and I can understand it later ... I hope you understood my well ... thanks

Get a better explanation from your lecturer. Go get what you are paying for.

have you used the internet to figure this out? No, I don't mean asking some one for the answer. wikipedia has a section on power factor that seems pretty clear to me.
the problem is that I can't understand anything from the lecturer who teaches us this course
uh, well, that either says something bad about the instructor, you or both. You can't possibly go through a degree program and get perfect instructors all the way through. In order to actually get an education, you are going to have to be more resourceful than you are demonstrating.

The whole "answer now, understand later" approach DOES NOT work when it comes exam time. No matter how much you think you're going to figure it out later, you wont because after you hand in this work you will be presented with harder work and you'll be back to seeking answers for the new problem.

Chances are a very similar question will appear on the exam with a small twist and some different numbers and you still won't know how to solve it.

Go to your professor and dont do the "smile and nod" while hes explaining. Question everything you dont fully understand.

And if you really cant deal with the professor ask him who you can go to for help (This serves 2 purposes...1) Gets you the help you need and 2) He now knows you are trying)

Goodluck

I say make the extra effort and learn it. I am now regretting not learning, DC transients and claculus properly because our electrical principles lecturer wasn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back