A replacement for IRF9Z34

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IRF9Z34 is still widely available in the USA. Why do you need to change? I assume two IRF9Z24 in parallel would not work for you or are also not available in Croatia?

John

The IRF9Z34 is still widely available in the USA. Why do you need to change? I assume two IRF9Z24 in parallel would not work for you or are also not available in Croatia?

John

Yeah, they are not available, unfortunately some electronic parts are very hard to get here(which I don't really understand) and one that are cost 2x-5x more than in US.

What I can get is in the attached file, (txt).

Thanks

P.S.

Here is what I'm doing, **broken link removed**, author said :

So I guess the internal resistance should be low, or I could buy original for 160$, and wait week or two for it's arrival.

Attachments

• list.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 718
Last edited:
That is a pretty big list. Do you have a supplier that allows parametric searching? Or alternatively, you could make a table of characteristics.

The three characteristics I would consider for my first cut are Vdss, Id, and gate capacitance (affects the driver circuit). RDS(on) is always given and is a selling point, but you will notice Id and RDS(on) roughly correlate. Of course, at the outset, you need to determine what packages you are willing to use. If its for replacement, you may be stuck with whatever existed, such as TO-220, but there are some packages that will also fit.

Once you get a smaller list, then review of the individual datasheets will help, or present the options here and any of several members will be able to help you.

John

That is a pretty big list.
John

I know, I was thinking better to post everything then nothing, in that list are all transistors that shop has.
I was thinking to replace it with **broken link removed** or IRF9540, they both have similar Rds(and this is what author probably aimed at)

Maybe, it would help if you look at second line in this **broken link removed**, under "What does the clone know?", where he said:

From what you show and the choices, I like the IRF9530. It has lower gate capacitance (so your gate drive won't be affected) and probably adequate current capacity for that purpose, because the IRF9Z34 was admittedly way over spec'd. John

From what you show and the choices, I like the IRF9530. It has lower gate capacitance (so your gate drive won't be affected) and probably adequate current capacity for that purpose, because the IRF9Z34 was admittedly way over spec'd. John

Thank you very much I will go with IRF9530, I am somehow in a rush because tomorrow I'm going to buy it in 50 miles distant town, so gas/student/cost, ughhh

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…