Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a simple question about load cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohadawy

I'm a newbie to the world of load cells .... I want to know the meaning of the following parameters of load cells :

1- zero balance
2-creep error
3-sealing

also I want to know the following

The unit of the related output is mv/v
I know the mv ... but what is the meaning of the v

I'm a newbie to the world of load cells .... I want to know the meaning of the following parameters of load cells :

1- zero balance
When there is no load on the load cell, there will be some output, ideally the output should be zero. The output at zero load is the zero balance error.

2-creep error
The output can change over time, probably while the cell is loaded. This is the creep error.

3-sealing
How well the device keeps out water/oil/whatever.

also I want to know the following

The unit of the related output is mv/v
I know the mv ... but what is the meaning of the v
The cell is almost certainly a strain gauge bridge.
The output when loaded will be so many milli-volts for each volt of bridge excitation supply.
Hence mv/V.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back