Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adaptive LED Headlights

iamhoagie

Hello, I sure can use some help. Just joined. I have a 2022 BMW 530e. My wife got in a fender bender and crashed the front end a little. First estimate was $5000.00 After they got the car in, estimate went up to $19,000. Said one sensor was $4700.00 another was $3500. Headlight was $3000.00 Insurance is paying for it. My problem is one headlight. They said it was broken and wanted to replace it. Car was done and went to pick it up, they said I have to take it to BMW for calibration, but the headlight doesn't work. They wanted me to take it to BMW to fix it. I said no you fix it. Do you know what BMW will charge. I took the car home and checked the headlight. Someone {I don't know who} put a different connector on there. IIt was such a sloppy job, the wires were just twisted together and taped. I'm sure they were probably touching. Why would anyone put a different connector on the headlight. A hah I think they were trying to steal the adaptive light and put a cheaper one on.
Here is my problem: There are 4 wires on the connector. I connected the red/green to the red/green that's power. Connected the brown to the brown that's ground The harness has a 22ga yellow/black stripe and a22ga yellow with brown stripe, but the connector has a 22ga brown and a 22ga black. That is not my original connector. My question is: What are these two wires for. I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere and should I just do the logical thing and connect the yellow/ black stripe to the black wire on the connector and the yellow/ brown stripe to the black wire on the connector. I'd like to know what those two wires are for. Maybe the motors on the lights to turn them with the steering wheel. The picture is what it looked like when I took the black tape off.

Attachments

• 20240926_003417[1].jpg
    20240926_003417[1].jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back