Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding a LED to switch ON when Vin is within window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
I am about to test a circuit including this integrator and decided to add a LED turning on when Vin is within window.

Wincomp driving JFET and LED.png

The actual Vwin (comparator's output) is quite close to what LTSpice predicts.

Vwin output.png

Remaining space in the crowded board, allows just a TO92 and few resistors. All what I tried with BJTs created problems to the integrator or did not work.

Could anyone come with an effective design? I spent one full journey trying in LTSpice because I do not dare to rsik the only two pairs of JFETs I got (2 x 2N5461 Pchannel + 2 x J310 N channel).

Please note: I need to add a LED and NOT to modify the integrator.

Just in case I am adding the .asc file plus model and subckt

Gracias for any ideas.

Attachments

• Wincomp driving JFET and LED.asc
    4.3 KB · Views: 125
  • TL072.sub
    1.1 KB · Views: 118
  • J310.model.txt
    314 bytes · Views: 127
hola at,
Do you have PCB space for this option.?
Eric

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    38.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Wincomp driving JFET and LED2.asc
    4.8 KB · Views: 126
hola at,
Do you have PCB space for this option.?
Eric

Sure I have Eric. And such a simple solution.

Struggled trying to use BJTs and then the 2N5461 when I had many 2N7000 handy...

Gracias!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back