Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjustable 12v Flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirtyTwo

hello again

i need to set up a fuel injector controller that sends 12v to the injector at an adjustable rate from around 70 times a second to 130 times a second. i was thinking about something similar to a strobe light setup with a trimmer or regular potentiometer to adjust the rate. but i think injectors pull around 4 amps which to my knowledge is a lot for a small components circuit

Any ideas?

strobe circuit with a high power transistor :lol:

Maybe a 555 to set the cycles per second?

ThirtyTwo said:
hello again

i need to set up a fuel injector controller that sends 12v to the injector at an adjustable rate from around 70 times a second to 130 times a second. i was thinking about something similar to a strobe light setup with a trimmer or regular potentiometer to adjust the rate. but i think injectors pull around 4 amps which to my knowledge is a lot for a small components circuit

Any ideas?
What about the duty cycle? Are you wantig fixed pulse width, adjustable frequency?

yeah an adjustable pulse width sounds like it would perform better, but it sounds like it would be a lot more complicated, could it still be done using a 555 with an adjustable pulse width and rate?

ThirtyTwo said:
yeah an adjustable pulse width sounds like it would perform better, but it sounds like it would be a lot more complicated, could it still be done using a 555 with an adjustable pulse width and rate?
If you want independent control of width and frequency, you would need two 555s (or a 556). One would set the frequency, the other the pulse width.

**broken link removed**

yeah that stuff is really confusing :(

i know how to code a little C++, do you think i could learn how to program a pic and have it do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back