Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

advance logic project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sittie_CoE

hello masters!i would like to ask some ideas for our project. It was entitled coin operated cellphone charger. Lately I've learned that it was already invented by a Filipino Engineer. Our project is an application of our advance logic circuit subject (breadboards,ICs,etc.). I would like to ask some ideas on how could we implement a circuit where a user of our project can drop a coin even the time for charging runs. One drop of a coin for one time range of time is easier but multiple coin entering would be better. We would also like to ask suggestions to our added feature where we can apply a "comparator" for a password, thus a user's phone will be secured. I wish you could help me and my groupmates with the two problems mentioned. Thank you very much!... :)

What about if the outputs (Quarter, dime, or nickel) from the coin slot are loaded into a presettable down counter with the quarter giving the highest bit weight. After all the coins are inserted, the operator enters a password that is stored in a register as the buttons on a keypad are pressed. The operator presses a START button which presets (loads) the counter with the amount of money inserted and starts the clock pulses for the counter. The counter has an output that is active when the counter gets down to the zero count. Upon reaching that count, the clock stops. From the time that the operator presses the START button until the zero count is reached, a flip-flop is set and then reset. The charger is turned on while the flip-flop is set.

Another operator is not allowed to interrupt the process because a comparison of his password with that in the register does not match, and the machine return his change (or keeps it :D ).

Of course, there are questions unanswered, such whether or not there a requirement for operators to have seperate, stored accounts from which time is added or substracted as more money is deposited, or time is used.

Disclaimer: My response is not to be construed as some self-approved notion that I am a "master". :)

Last edited:
I use to live in the Philippines. Cool country, great scuba diving there. I use to dive 3 times a week in the PI, I miss that. Kumasta? Taga saan Ka nakatira? I think I said that wrong, I meant to say where are you from in the PI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back