Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice for the counter up 1 at every 9 or 27 or 108 or 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just-do-it4450

Hi Electronics Expert,

I would like to request your advice for my project on the up counter. I would like to display a counting up in LED or LCD display for the count mentioned in item 1 below.

Kindly advice for the IC to be used and possible circuit idea for the below. :idea:

1) The counter will be up 1 at every counting at 9 or 27 or 108. It can also be up 1 at every counting 10.

2) It would be better if the IC can be also have the function of the timer.

3) If there is LCD display Watch IC which can be programmable to fulfill the item 1 will be useful too.

Thank you in advance.
:)

Regards,

Just-do-it
(but don't know what to do now...)

You could do it with a microcontroller. But you need to program it first, and the way you program it depends on the code base. I use Atmel's AT89C2051 right now, and it accepts commands from the 8051 instruction set. This is what I mean by the code base.

Also, it depends on your space requirements for your final circuit, as well as the amount of time you have available to the circuit.

Hi Mstechca,

Thank you for the advice. I will try Atmel's AT89C2051. However, I am not very good at programming. I do have about 2 months time to complete and I will try study to use micro-controller.

In, the mean time, it would be very nice if you have another idea of using just logic circuit and/or some IC to build the pure hardware circuit.

Thanks and Regards,

Just-do-it

(Now, I know a little what to do, but needs time to study..Cannot just-do-it easily for electronic... :roll: )

Your command of English makes it difficult to know what you want. To count with a digital display, look at the MC14553B. It is a 3 digit BCD counter. The data sheet has a schematic. You will also need a BCD to 7 segment converter, like 7447 or MC14543B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back