Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice on Benchtop Psupply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi al:
I am interested in getting a benchtop pwr supply, been using a noisy PC 5/12v supply ever since. Melted a few wires in my time as I had to disable the PC supply limiting to make it variable.

What's a reliable brand etc? I was looking at a Rigol but I see EEVblog points out to design defects in it.

I need to start some low noise audio work and pH sensor transmitter work. Also do a lot of logic level stuff.

Thx

I'd be more inclined to listen to those who have actually used the supply in the field.

Personally I think a linear would be a better supply if your on a budget, not that you cant get really good switchers you can but you pay more, the other thing is linears are a lot easier to repair, 2 of my bench supply's have output devices plugged into sockets on the back, handy when you need a repair in a hurry (and even laod testing devices).

Hi

I just bought one of these from Mastech:
Take a look....
**broken link removed**

It contains two adj 30v,5A supplies and a single fixed 5v supply.

A little pricey though ($199)..

eT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back