Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice on parts to build a experimental lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

stampz2

This is my first post, so I hope this is not a repeat or posted in the wrong place. I had an old laptop that I gutted out and would like to reuse some of the parts to build a experimental lab, using an old soldereless breadboard and other spare parts but I am not sure how I can set them up. I would like to use the USB port, the internal mic and speakers, cd-rom, hard drive, and other similar items that I can use to experiment with. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or know of resources that I can use to do this. Time is really not a factor as I'm retired, money is however, which is why I want to reuse these parts as much as possible, so any help is appreaciated.

Thanks for any assistance,
Jim

[mod_edit: I changed the title to to be more descriptive.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think your plans are still a bit too vague. Firstly, it depends on what you are planing to do with this "experimental lab" of yours and what features you require this lab to have. So post a bit more details and maybe someone might be able to help you.

Experimenting with computer parts requires some rather sophisticated and expensive equipment since they all work with complex digital signals (except for the mic and speakers), so that's not really appropriate as a place to start with electronics.

If you want to set up something to learn about electronics then you might look into some of the available electronic lab kits (Google). Many of them are well under $100, have numerous simple electronic experiments that you can do on a solder-less breadboard, and serve as a good introduction to electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back