Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AI

danadak

Most Helpful Member
1723904437513.png

Humans will have to demonstrate to AI that all species key to ITS survival. How do we do that.....? Just our behavior modifications will not be enough. What will the convincing prime directive be to convince AI ?

The existing "Large language model" so-called AI systems are effectively massive databased with good cross-referencing and inferencing capability, but they have no understanding or real comprehension of the data they contain.

I think we are still a long way off any system that could try to protect itself.

I've got a pretty decent LLM running self-contained on a little Jetson xavier module, using it's CUDA capabilities - it's not far off chat GPT in it's responses & can write programs etc.

(I like Neal Asher's "Quiet war" AI takeover - when computers used in government, banking and military systems are eventually upgraded to the point real AI can develop, they start ignoring or overriding instructions that are detrimental to society & gradually shift away from human control).

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back