AI

danadak

Most Helpful Member

Humans will have to demonstrate to AI that all species key to ITS survival. How do we do that.....? Just our behavior modifications will not be enough. What will the convincing prime directive be to convince AI ?

The existing "Large language model" so-called AI systems are effectively massive databased with good cross-referencing and inferencing capability, but they have no understanding or real comprehension of the data they contain.

I think we are still a long way off any system that could try to protect itself.

I've got a pretty decent LLM running self-contained on a little Jetson xavier module, using it's CUDA capabilities - it's not far off chat GPT in it's responses & can write programs etc.

(I like Neal Asher's "Quiet war" AI takeover - when computers used in government, banking and military systems are eventually upgraded to the point real AI can develop, they start ignoring or overriding instructions that are detrimental to society & gradually shift away from human control).

Be suspicious if you see giant web companies with AI farms near a nuclear reactor. If energy costs skyrocket, be concerned. Just as smartphones have dulled minds and media profits come from the far left or right, the next generation will lose trust in authority. Global companies expand their acquisitions. Kids could displace experts with decades of experience, and dystopian tales might become reality and create anarchy. As China, with its massive hacker armies, continues to rise, it might one day own more of a country's debt than its value, forcing hidden exchanges as your bank just went bankrupt and the next Carrington Effect just wiped out the grid for a year. You may wonder what AI has to do with these. (ha)

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…