Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer blank IC model/template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkBattousai

I'm using Altium Designer Summer 09 to create PCB projects.
I'm not simulating my circuits using Altium Designer, because I always prepare my circuit on a breadboard before creating the PCB.
Therefore I don't need simulation models, I only need PCB models.

I sometimes encounter a problem that library for a part does not exist. I am sure that I'm using the built-in library search feature correctly, just the library is missing.
Yesterday I searched library for TPIC6595 (or TPIC6B595, TPIC6B595N,... they are all same). The library is missing in Altium Designer, I searched the product in Analog, Embedded Processing, Semiconductor Company, Texas Instruments to see that they indeed didn't release a library (for Altium Designer) for this product.

I'm not asking library for TPIC6595, I just need a 20-pin IC library, any 20-pin library will do the job since I'm not simulating my circuit.
On the other hand, I don't want to use a library of another IC instead of the actual one. Because, sometimes, I show my design to other people, I don't want to hear any unnecessary criticism or comments like "You used wrong IC here...".

Are there any IC library templates for
8-pin, 10-pin, 12-pin, 14-pin, 16-pin, ...
devices.
I need templates which has no labels, no IC name, no pin specification,...; just blank ICs to use in schematics as is then pass into PCB design.

(Note: I know there is an alternative way of manually creating libraries for a part. I don't prefer this alternative since I don't think it would be easy/easier. If you encourage me to do that way I may consider though...)

Wow, 3 years before you bump. You deserve an award for patience.

According to posts on another site, you can use simple footprints in Altium much like you can in Eagle and other software. Here is a link to one such post: https://www.edaboard.com/thread221561.html

If you are still using Summer09, here is a link to the libraries:
**broken link removed**

A footprint library is listed therein.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back