Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amazing what you find!.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Doing a bit of clearing out in my attic (it needs more than a bit :D ), and I found two Pye Vanguard 25W AM mobile transceivers in a cupboard. I knew about them, one was untouched, and the other I had stripped the receiver parts out and converted it to use as a PA on a 1W 145MHz transceiver.

So I thought, where's the manual? - I remember having the full workshop manual - so I took the top off the untouched one, and there was the manual sat inside. I then noticed an envelope inside, took it out and this is what I found:

IMG_2290[1].JPG

Notice the date is 1983, but more surprising was the name and address - Paul was an old friend, and particularly of my younger brother. I'd not seen him for years (probably since 1983?), but funnily enough I met him (and his wife) a couple of weeks ago, as they drove back to attend the 'reunion gig' we did. I don't remember any connection between him and these transceivers though?.

Now I need to figure out what to do with them?, I was going to bin them, but I'm not sure now - I could do with a good home to give them to.

Crystals from PM Electronics, that brings back memories, as does Pye Vanguards!

JimB

Telex number!!

One year before I bought my Timex Sinclair during a visit of few hours to New York with our vessel loading at Bayone Terminal in New Jersey.

Three weeks later, when arriving to San Lorenzo Argentina, I was able to create passable programs in Basic.

I would mail them to Paul or ask him what he wants you to do with them. The only evidence you have says he is the rightful owner.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back