Amazing what you find!.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Doing a bit of clearing out in my attic (it needs more than a bit ), and I found two Pye Vanguard 25W AM mobile transceivers in a cupboard. I knew about them, one was untouched, and the other I had stripped the receiver parts out and converted it to use as a PA on a 1W 145MHz transceiver.

So I thought, where's the manual? - I remember having the full workshop manual - so I took the top off the untouched one, and there was the manual sat inside. I then noticed an envelope inside, took it out and this is what I found:

Notice the date is 1983, but more surprising was the name and address - Paul was an old friend, and particularly of my younger brother. I'd not seen him for years (probably since 1983?), but funnily enough I met him (and his wife) a couple of weeks ago, as they drove back to attend the 'reunion gig' we did. I don't remember any connection between him and these transceivers though?.

Now I need to figure out what to do with them?, I was going to bin them, but I'm not sure now - I could do with a good home to give them to.

Telex number!!

One year before I bought my Timex Sinclair during a visit of few hours to New York with our vessel loading at Bayone Terminal in New Jersey.

Three weeks later, when arriving to San Lorenzo Argentina, I was able to create passable programs in Basic.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…