Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amp or voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uhmyeah

I'm am building a simple BEAM "robot" that, with solar panels, charges three capacitors and then spins a motor. I have two solar panels I am using. Should I put them parallel or in line to charge the capacitors faster?:)

Two indentical paralleled solar panels put out twice as much current as either panel alone, but will have an open-circuit voltage one half compared to having the panels in series.

Which means if you put them in parallel it will charge faster, but in series it will charge to twice the voltage (meaning twice the power but at half the speed of the parallel one). Depends on your voltage and total power needs from the discharging of the capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back