Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplitude divisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovabiot

i have an ac signal and i want an amplitude divisor but with a resistor i add an offset . how can i divide the amplitud without an offset?? thanks

jovabiot said:
i have an ac signal and i want an amplitude divisor but with a resistor i add an offset . how can i divide the amplitud without an offset?? thanks

You use a potential divider - I don't quite see what you mean by an 'offset', perhaps you had better explain further!.

divisor

my initial signal in from -1 to 1 volt, and with two resistors i do an amplitude divisor but from 0 to 500mV, and i want from -250mV to 250mV. how i do it?

Re: divisor

jovabiot said:
my initial signal in from -1 to 1 volt, and with two resistors i do an amplitude divisor but from 0 to 500mV, and i want from -250mV to 250mV. how i do it?

A simple two resistor potential divider will do exactly that, if the input is positive the output will be positive, is the input is negative the output will be negative. With a resistor ratio of 3 to 1, and an input of -1V to +1V, the output will be -250mV to +250mV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back